Fogo de Chão Completes Renovation of Minneapolis Location
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at
The renovated restaurant’s design is contemporary with warm and traditional touches that pay homage to their Southern Brazilian roots. The updated space offers guests a variety of new features and fixtures in the foyer, main dining room, private dining areas, Bar Fogo area and more, including the replacement of heavy window treatments with sheer curtains to wash the space with natural light.
Other notable highlights of the completed renovation efforts include:
- An expansion of the Bar Fogo area including an imported white Carrara marble bar and additional seating;
- A new, 12-foot bas-relief rendition of O Laçador, a nod to the original gaucho monument erected in 1958 in Porto Alegre, Brazil, the home of the original Fogo de Chão;
- New and expanded private dining rooms with updated A/V capability, now fully private;
- A new Market Table with white Carrara marble; and
- A new waiting lounge and custom glass wine cellar.
“We’ve been very fortunate to have the support of the Minneapolis community. Reinvesting here should re-energize the Fogo experience for locals and visitors alike. This also gives us the chance to introduce guests to all of our new dining options,” said Larry Johnson, Chief Executive Officer of Fogo de Chão.
Fogo de Chão in Minneapolis first opened its doors in
The renovated Minneapolis location offers a variety of other dining options and experiences, including:
- Bar Fogo: A casual alternative for guests looking to enjoy the Brazilian art of churrasco, the recently expanded Bar Fogo menu now features a refined array of new Brazilian Bites, Brazilian-inspired craft cocktails and South American wines in addition to an enriched Bar Fogo Happy Hour program at attractive price points.
- Gaucho Lunch: Designed to accommodate the busy schedules of weekday diners and business professionals, starting at
$15. Guests may also choose to add a single cut of meat to the Market Table, all for under $25.
- Weekend Brazilian Brunch: Introduced to celebrate family and friends on Saturday and Sunday for
$39.95, guests can enjoy the Full Churrasco experience along with the Market Table, fresh seasonal fruits, Greek Yogurt and some special, Brazilian-inspired breakfast items like Pão de Queijo Egg Bake, Braised Beef Rib Hash and a Seasonal Sunday Roast. To complement the experience, Fogo de Chão offers a special Brunch Bar in the main dining room where guests may enjoy made-to-order Caipirinhas and classic American brunch cocktails with Brazilian twists such as their cachaça Bloody Mary and Passion Fruit Mimosa.
- Seafood: Brazilian-inspired seafood options such as Shrimp Cocktail, Mango Chilean Sea Bass, and a
Seafood Towerare also available a-la-carte.
- Group and Private Dining: Previous semi-private and group spaces have been updated to feature fully private dining options. Whether celebrating a special birthday or hosting a large corporate meeting, Fogo de Chão has become the place for group and private dining internationally. The Minneapolis restaurant is well-suited for groups of all sizes with customizable menus, new private and semi-private dining areas, and complimentary A/V equipment.
In addition to the Minneapolis location, Fogo de Chão also recently renovated restaurants in Atlanta; Houston; and flagship locations in Beverly Hills, Calif., and Addison, Texas, and has plans to renovate additional locations system wide throughout 2017 and beyond. For hours of operation and to make reservations, please visit http://fogodechao.com/location/minneapolis.
About Fogo de Chão
Fogo de Chão is a leading Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, which has specialized for more than 37 years in fire-roasting high-quality meats utilizing the centuries-old Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco. Fogo offers guests a wide variety of simply seasoned meats that are carefully fire-roasted to expose their natural flavors. The company was founded in 1979 in Porto Alegre, Brazil, and expanded into the U.S. in 1997. There are currently 48 locations throughout Brazil, the United States, and Mexico, including locations in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Mexico City.
Additionally, Fogo offers a gourmet Market Table & Feijoada Bar, which includes seasonal salads, soup, fresh vegetables, feijoada (traditional black bean stew with rice, fresh orange and yuca flour), and much more. Southern Brazilian side dishes such as pão de queijo (warm cheese bread), crispy hot polenta, and caramelized bananas are served family style. To further complement the dining experience, the restaurant offers an award-winning wine list, tempting dessert menu, and creative and classic cocktails. Guests may also choose between lighter seafood selections, or enjoy the gourmet Market Table only option. For more information, visit Fogo.com, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
For a visual representation of the story of Fogo de Chão, watch “
Media Contact: Seth Grugle, ICR 646.277.1200 FogoPR@icrinc.com